11/06/2011

Wine Party with Opus One

I'm not into Opus One, which is a premium wine more expensive than its value. One of my friends nevertheless asked me to buy it last month. I remember he asked me Kistler chardonnay before. Buying premium wine bottles is a bit embarrassing. It's like buying Louis Vuitton bags during a business trip in Paris.

Anyway, I got one bottle, and donated it to a wine party yesterday.
Five wine addicts started with Pertois Moriset Grand Cru Brut, then tried to blind wine tasting a usual.
My score was two points. Here is a memo for my memory.

  1. Opus One 2008, Cabernet Sauvignon 86%, Petit Verdot 8%, Merlot 4%, Cabernet Franc 1%, and Malbec 1% from Napa
  2. Chambolle-Musigny Premer Cru Les Noirots 2003, Pinot Noir  from Chambolle-Musigny
  3. Chateau Calon-Segur 2003,  Cabernet Sauvignon 60%,  Merlot30%, Cabernet Franc 10% from Saint-Estephe,
  4. Lisini Brunello di Montalcino 2005, from Montalcino,Toscana 

Guessing Pino Noir was so easy, then I got one point. Nrinello confused me so much. It tasted like thin but elegant French Bordeaux. I took it for Chateau Calon-Segur.  Opus one showed  traces of clove and dark chocolate. Then I scored the second correct guess. 

No comments: