2/10/2013

Wannabe Cross Country Cyclist (over Kamakura Alps :-)

Between Kamakura and Yokohama, there is a small trail called "Beetles Trail." I don't know why it's called "Beetles" though, it has been a well-known path ridge which divided two provinces, Musashi and Sagami from 7th century to 19th century. It still exists as a hiking route from Yokohama to Kamakura, and  seems very popular for hikers and train runners.
This afternoon, I pulled out my MTB(2003 Specialized Stumpjumper M4, which I love in its light weight  with rim brakes)  from the storage box (SERFAS Bike Case) and composed it (which takes 10 min always ;-|) , so as to hit the trail. I still want to be a XCer
(Cross Country Cyclist) , even though I have to carry the bike in a steep slope on my shoulder.
It was a nice winter day for a short riding to go Kamakura from hills.


A trail map, which is unfortunately written in Japanese, is linked here.



No comments: